Intervention Services- Call (567) 212-2613 and Get Help in the Toledo, OH Area Today!
For over a decade, we have been helping men and women in the Toledo, OH area overcome addiction to drugs and alcohol. The most powerful way to convince an addict to go into rehab (rehabilitation treatment programs) is to host an intervention. There may be someone in your life who you think is hooked on drugs or alcohol. You cannot recognize this person because his or her addiction has drastically changed the addict: intervention is a great start point that will help him or her into recovery. As a family member who loves the individual dearly, watching on as he or she suffers and struggles can also be agonizing. You could be asking, “How can I help my friend get clean again?” and “What should my part be in getting my family member into rehab?” Friends and family members love the drug abuser deeply. While hurting from substance dependency, it will wear family members down as they have to accommodate for the destructive drug habit all the time. You can’t be frightened of much-needed confrontation: fear can’t stop you from taking the right course of action. Contact our treatment center at (567) 212-2613 for information about interventions and how to set up one.
What’s an Intervention?
An intervention can be as simple as asking the troubled individual to stop their behavior or could be a highly organized experience that provokes an addict into seeking drug treatment for his or her issues. People who care about the addict, like family, loved ones, teachers, and clergy members, join forces to meet with the addict touching upon the negative effects of his or her drug dependency, and empower him or her into agreeing to rehab. Intervention drugs are conducted to expose the addict with the chance to get help and save his or her own life; however, sometimes the addict doesn’t realize that he or she has a really bad problem. While in denial, the substance abuser is simply unwilling to get treatment. During an intervention it is important to address:
- explicit examples of dangerous behavior and the way it has wrecked the addict and their loved ones
- the therapy plan along with clear goals and instructions that the addict must follow
- what every participant will react with if the addict doesn’t enter a rehab facility of some kind
The four different kinds of interventions are simple, crisis, classical, and family system:
- A simple intervention is literally ‘simply’ questioning the addict to quit his or her detrimental behavior. Before other, more difficult intervention strategies are attempted, a simple intervention must be used.
- Getting a singular drug user to agree towards entering rehab in the current moment is the goal of a classical intervention.
- Crisis intervention is for use in extremely dangerous and precarious situations, such as reckless driving, domestic abuse, or intense substance abuse.
- The complete family is the focus of a family system intervention. Since dysfunctional environments spur cases of substance abuse and domestic violence, it’s essential that everyone concerned agrees to change their behaviors.
What Is the Difference Between an Intervention and Rehab?
It’s crucial to remember the key difference between intervention and therapy, but also remember that both are required for a successful recovery. Our treatment center knows that interventions are meant to provoke the addict into treatment, and are initiated by their friends, their family, and those who care about them. Interventions are NOT the same thing as complete drug rehabilitation, and will not be enough to drive the addict to stop using. At our treatment facility, the addict is initially taught about the disease of drug and alcohol dependency, subsequently how individuals maintain long term recovery, and finally what their drug use triggers are. Our staff seriously recommends following up an intervention directly with a treatment program, preferably on the very same day.
For Immediate Assistance, Call Our Treatment Center As Soon As Possible!
Watching as a family member hurts and fights with substance dependency is disconcerting and frightening. Many times, an intervention is an intense, well-planned meeting because of the combined efforts from family and friends. We help by providing interventionists, securing rehab centers across the country, or talking about substance dependency in general. If you or someone you love is in the Toledo, OH area and need services such as detox, inpatient rehab, residential treatment, intensive outpatient give us a call at (567) 212-2613 immediately!